Wildsam Field Guides - Desert Southwest Field Guide
Wildsam's Desert Southwest field guide leads travelers into the most authentic experience of this American region, working closely with an eclectic team of trusted locals. Contributors include historian and author Hampton Sides, astronomer Deidre Hunter, vintage curator Scott Corey, artist Rose B. Simpson, shaman Jade Wah’oo Grigori and agave aficionado Bryan Eichhorst, among others. Topics in the handsome volume include itineraries for classic adventures across the Southwest, tips from park rangers, green chili stew, land rights, Georgia O’Keeffe, outlaws, desert plants, atomic bomb testing and more.
A comprehensive travel guide to the American Southwest. 145 pages jammed packed with local stories, travel intel and modern lore including:
- Where to find authentic Navajo rugs
- The best burger-and-shake joint in Moab, Utah
- Historic outlaws and lawmen of note
- Scenic back roads from every southwestern state
- A map of stunning Grand Canyon overlooks
- Intel on seeing New Mexico from a hot air balloon
- Pointers on high desert photography
- Expert selection on retro inns and destination hotels
- Legends and lore from Canyon de Chelly
- An interview with an Arizona shaman
Dimensions (WxH): 6.5” x 4”
Staff Pick: Ted
The Wildsam Field Guides aren’t just another travel guide for tourists passing through. This guide is filled with authentic stories and places that will inspire you to take your next road trip in the Southwest whether you are a visitor or local.
Click to read more about why we chose the Wildsam Desert Southwest field guide for our Marketplace
Marketplace items are currently unavailable for sale outside the United States. Please note all Erem Marketplace items are final sale and can not be returned for a refund. All Erem Marketplace items are backed by the manufacturer’s warranty. For warranty claims, please contact the manufacturer. Erem support staff is glad to assist you with any questions you might have.